Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Protector Book Trailer

I make no comments or opinions about the book since I have not read it. What I write is about the trailer only.

At first viewing, the book trailer for The Protector by Jodi Ellen Malpas is exciting and dynamic. Thematically, it is unified in its color palette, imagery, score and the world it creates. The font is great and the captions are to the point.  It seems well edited and is fun to watch.

But on second viewing I realized how generic this book trailer is, almost as if it was chosen from a batch of pre-made videos, and this one worked best for the The Protector. It would fit well with any of a hundred books.

We needed to see something very specific about the hero and heroine, an emotional connection; just one scene with the couple in the same frame would have done it. (Other than a sex scene.)The clip with hands gave me a glimpse of what I was missing.

Clocking in at almost 4 minutes, it is way too long.

As it is, this trailer is all smoke and mirrors.










No comments:

Post a Comment