Saturday, November 19, 2016

Pontifex Maximus by Damian North - Book Trailer

I make no comments or opinions about the book since I have not read it. What I write is about the trailer only.

This trailer is fun in how it straddles the fine line between creating dramatic suspense and being a parody of a movie trailer.

It is successful, in spite of the "cheese factor" in asking the story question through an array of similarly themed images underpinned by a dark cinematic score. I like how care was taken matching up the effective captions with the music.

My main critique is that the author's name is not easy to find. It's there at the final credits, though I had to pause the video to see it. My advice to those making book trailers is to ALWAYS bookend your video with an image of your cover with your name visible.

Or even have a single slide with the author's name.


No comments:

Post a Comment