Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Guardian by M.J. Kobernus - Book Trailer

I make no comments or opinions about the book since I have not read it. What I write is about the trailer only.

The book trailer for The Guardian by M. J. Kobernus illustrates both some features I like in book trailers, and some I don't.

First the good news. It's thematically consistent with its images, color palette and fonts. The score is pitch perfect for the subject matter. The creator makes fantastic use of existing Amazon reviews, and in communicating through the captions. We get a cover image in the beginning, and while I like to see a cover image again at the end, we do get the title in bold at the end, and also the author's name in bold on a single slide.

The bad news: I'm not a fan of the special effects of the jiggly credit slide with the ink disintegrating off the page. That in combination with the captions leads me to think this is a documentary on the History Channel about lost ancient civilization rather than fiction.

However, on the whole does it all work in piquing my interest in the book?

Absolutely!




No comments:

Post a Comment